Reports to : Publisher of Speak Woman Magazine
This is an exciting opportunity to be apart of this growing POSITIVE movement! beautiful.Speak Woman Magazine is digital/print publication with an important mission; to spotlight the positivity in EVERY woman. We also provide Branding, Marketing, & Promotional services for businesses of all sizes. We are seeking an experienced advertising sales professional who has a record of success in selling advertising, as well as, building and maintaining effective business partnerships within multiple industries. This position offers 30% commission on sales plus bonuses. A capable and motivated candidate may be able to earn $50k or more per year if the candidate brings relevant experience, strong sales skills, and the ability to engage and close new advertising accounts.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for creating and executing effective marketing and sales campaigns to achieve or exceed advertising sales goals. This individual will have an assigned territory and will maintain existing accounts as well as identify, cultivate, and close new business.
Essential Position Elements:
- Maintain existing advertising accounts in area of responsibility by developing effective business partnerships and value for the client.
- Develop strategies to identify potential new business and close new accounts using a consultative selling approach.
- Contact existing and new clients by telephone and in person meetings to identify and discuss their advertising requirements.
- Expand advertising sales by providing new and existing clients with effective and accurate information on our services and products.
- Provide sales incentives and promotions to advertising clients where approved to retain their business.
- Investigate competitors’ marketing techniques, approaches, and advertising rates.
- Follow up in timely manner necessary to ensure client satisfaction; Update any changing information; Maintain client database.
- Maintain and review daily, weekly, monthly statistical information regarding sales and budget requirements.
- Attend regular sales and production meetings. Maintain effective and timely communications with management and partners.
- Follow up on the ad process with Clients and the Creative Department for Florists’ Review and Super Floral Magazines.clients.
- High School Diploma or GED and Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or a Related Field or an equivalent combination of Education and Experience.
- At least 1 years of advertising sales and marketing experience. Ability to use a consultative sales approach and achieve sales goals on a sustained basis.
- Significant experience in telephone sales. Superior communication skills on telephone, in person, and written communications such as email. Outstanding skills in listening and influencing buying decisions.
- Ability to make 30-50 outbound calls a day to existing advertisers and prospects.
- Ability to do accurate math calculations and maintain sales data.
- Experience with current office tools and applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Fax, Scanners, and Printers.
- Effective in negotiating and writing contracts.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and others in a team setting.
- Able to sit and type for extended periods of time (more than one hour)
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Available to work after hours if necessary.
- Available to travel locally and also travel away from home location for two or more days at a time, several times per year.
- Able to stand and bend for more than 30 minutes, for example at trade shows.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dayton, Ohio
- Associate’s or Bachelor's
- Advertising Sales:
Interested?? Email resume to email@example.com